Sunday, October 22, 2006

Dinner with the Ambassador of Spain to Canada

The Consul of Spain in Vancouver invited me to a dinner reception to celebrate the National Day of Spain. Although it's on October 12th, it was celebrated today to coincide with the visit of Don Mariano Alonso-BurĂ³n, Ambassador of Spain to Canada.

I was also invited to display my artwork, along with other Spanish artists. It was an honor to present my work to the ambassador. Here is a photo with him infront of two of my new pieces:















It was a fantastic event. The dinner at Pan Pacific was amazing and Spanish people always know how to have a good time anyway.













I sat next to my friend Bea Ochoa (from the Ochoa Winery in Pamplona) and Gerard, the son of the Spanish consul:














Here's a photo with the consul (a fantasic lady) and the ambassador:














And here's a photo with another fantastic Spanish woman, Carmen: