Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Bonjour!!!

As usual, I've been horrible in maintaining this blog. I'd write and then disappear off into my own little world, which is the way I tend to lead my life as an artist. Since my last entry life has changed and developed in ways I could not have imagined, which is what makes life exciting - it's a mysterious journey to destination unknown. Obviously with goals you tend to focus your efforts on accomplishing those objectives, but the path tends to vary.

My move to Abu Dhabi has been a whirlwind to say the least and I've enjoyed every bit of it. In the next few entries I'll share presentations I attended at the Emirates Palace Hotel, hosted by Tourism Development Investment Company (TDIC).

For those who are unfamiliar with what's happening in Abu Dhabi, all I can say is that it is fabulously fascinating. TDIC is the government-based developer behind Saadiyat Island, future home to the world's first Louvre outside of Paris and the biggest Guggenheim Museum. The island will also house a huge cultural and arts district, making Abu Dhabi a cultural capital of the world.

As part of this undertaking, TDIC has been organizing a series of events at Emirates Palace Hotel to share with the public the plans for Saadiyat Island. The first presentation was The Royal Academy series, where royal academicians shared their recent works with the audience. This was then followed by The Guggenheim series, where artists such as Anish Kapoor and Anselm Kiefer presented and were part of an open forum.

This is precisely what makes Abu Dhabi an intriguing place - you just never know what grandiose events can take place in the city.

I'll also make a bit more of an effort to actually maintain this blog and cover some of the art events around Abu Dhabi...

Ciao y hasta pronto