Monday, March 06, 2006

Centenera: Salamanca, Spain

One of the most exciting things that have ever happened in my life, career wise and on a personal basis, was little stint in Spain. While working on a marketing research project I was able to expand my network of contacts in Spain.

I lived in Salamanca in 2005 and often went to Madrid, one of my favorite cities in the world. Living in Spain was so inspiring and really had a strong impact on me as an artist.

In Salamanca I got commissioned to paint Centenera, a popular bar along Gran Vía. Within 3 nights I had to complete 7 big wall panels. It was a very crazy experience, being under so much time pressure and it was my first big commission in Spain, so I wanted it to be something out of this world. Here is a picture of me, painting "Spain style", that is to say with flowing Sangría coming my way.